Invitation to Bid
This contract calls for stockpiling sand and salt in the Town of Bowdoin Salt Shed for the period October 15, 2022 to May 15, 2025. This three-year contract calls for the delivery of 2500 to 3500 yards of sand per year, of which at least 2500 yards are to be delivered to the salt shed by November 1st of each ear and stockpiled with the salt which is furnished by the Town. All winter sand shall be clean, coarse, sharp sand with a maximum size of ½ inch (through a ½ inch square sieve) and 0 to 5% passing the #200 sieve. The sand must be tested at the contractor’s expense as the sand is stockpiled to ensure that it meets Maine DOT standards.
- Bid packages may be picked up starting June 1, 2022 at the Bowdoin Town Office.
- All bids are for the period from October 15, 2022 to May 15, 2025.
- All bids should be sealed and submitted to the Select Board’s office at the Town Office in Bowdoin, no later that June 27, 2022 at 6:25 PM.
- When submitting a bid, please specify: Stockpiling of Sand and Salt “SEALED BID” on the envelope.
- Bids will be opened after 6:30 PM on June 27, 2022 at the Select Board’s Meeting
- The Town of Bowdoin Select Board reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Note: All contractors shall: (i) show proof that they have Workers’ Compensation Insurance with the State of Maine; (ii) show proof that they are bonded or insured; and (iii) be paid in 6 equal installments seasonally which will follow the Town warrant/payroll schedule.
You may hand deliver or mail your sealed bid to:
Bowdoin Town Office
23 Cornish Drive
Bowdoin, ME 04287